2018 Tournament Rules
- Must be 10 years of age or under on AUGUST 01, 2018.
- Weight Restriction: Maximum skill player weight of 100lbs. All players not making the skilled players weight must play tackle to tackle tackle to tackle on offense (No more than two positions from the ball = T G C G T) in either a 3 or 4 point stance. Non-skilled players cannot play tight-end or line up in an unbalanced line formation. On defense, non-skilled players must play on the line of scrimmage in either a 3 or 4 point stance.
- Must be 12 years of age (NO 7th GRADERS) or under on AUGUST 01, 2018.
- Weight Restriction: Maximum of skilled player weight of 115bs. All players not making the skilled players weight must play tackle to tackle on offense (No more than two positions from the ball = T G C G T) in either a 3 or 4 point stance. Non-skilled players cannot play tight-end or line up in an unbalanced line formation. On defense, non-skilled players must play on the line of scrimmage in either a 3 or 4 point stance.
Weigh – ins
- Every player will be required to weigh-in during designated weigh-in period.
- Weigh-ins will take place 1.5 hour before your first game. One coach from every team is required to be in attendance during weigh-ins. Also, all player documentation will be turned in at this time, including the following:
- 1 team roster inclusive of a photograph of each player
- *COPY of player’s birth certificate
- *COPY of current report card or proof of current grade from school FOR 12U DIVISION ONLY
- Upon completion of the tournament all team documentation will be returned to the head coach. Please note it is the team’s responsibility to retrieve all documentation upon completion of their play, if they wish to have it. We will not mail this information post tournament.
1. Fumbles and Interceptions: It is a live ball situation when recovered by a skill player. Fumbles and interceptions can be returned and advanced. If a player over the skilled weight possesses the ball, the ball will be downed where it is possessed and cannot be advanced.
2. Team Roster: A team roster may have unlimited number of players and up to 6 coaches. A roster must be turned in 1 week before tournament. If you need to add more players to the roster limit please notify us prior to the start of the tournament.
3. Game Times/Clock Stoppage: All games will consist of (4)-10 minute quarters with a continuous running clock until the last two minutes of the half and game. The clock will not stop at two minutes, but normal High School clock operations will resume at that point. If a team is up 18 points during the last two minutes of the game, the running clock will continue. Rest period between quarters will be 2 minutes and 5 minutes for halftime. Teams will receive 2 time outs per half, and will have a 5 minute warm-up time before the start of the game.
4. Injury situations will always result in an Official timeout. If a player is hurt, the player must be escorted to the sidelines after the timeout and remain there for 1 play. The Officials, Training Staff, or Tournament Director may remove any injured player from any game if the player is found to be unable to play safely. Players removed from a game will need cleared by the training staff prior to playing in the next game. If the trainer determines the player is not fit to continue during the current or ensuing game(s), the decision is final.
5. A player’s age on August 01, 2018 shall determine his/her age for the tournament. All players must show a birth certificate, baptismal record or school record to registration committee during pre-tournament registration. A current grade card must also be shown as proof of grade FOR 12U DIVISION ONLY.
6. All player’s parents or guardians are required to sign and complete the individual waiver, order to be permitted to participate in the tournament.
7. All players must wear gym shoes or cleats (no metal spikes).
8. Extra Point Rule: An extra point can be run or passed in. 1 point will be awarded for a kick through uprights. 2 point will be awarded for a run in. All kicks will be a free kick, e.g. no rush.
9. Overtime: If a game needs Overtime, each team will have one offensive turn with the ball and four downs to score. If the team scores a TD, they MUST go for a two-point attempt. For the 10U teams, the ball will be placed on the 10-yard line. For the 12U teams, the ball will be placed on the 20-yard line. If the score is tied after each team’s offensive turn, the teams will each have one opportunity to kick a Field Goal. For the 10U teams, the ball will be placed on the 5-yard line. For the 12U teams, the ball will be placed on the 10-yard line. Rounds will continue until the tie is broken. Overtime will only be played during the semi-final and final games. There are no overtime games during pool play.
10. Coaches on the Field: No coaches will be allowed on the field of play during live play. Coaches and players on the sidelines must remain between the 25 yard markers and behind the restricted area (more than 2 yards from the sideline). A 15 yard penalty will be charged to any team violating this rule and interrupting the normal progress of the official games.
11. Kick Rules:
NO Kick-Offs: The ball will be placed 25 yards from the kick line (i.e. 35 yard line on normal kicks and 45 for safeties).
No Punts: When a team declares a punt, the ball will be moved 25 yards down field and put in play. Offensive teams have 25 seconds to declare a punt. Punts inside the 50 yard line will travel half the distance to the goal. During the last two minutes of the half and game, when a punt is declared, the clock will stop for the change of possession. If the clock is stopped due to a time out or incomplete pass, no time will run from the clock.
12. Footballs: Will be provided by tournament committee.
10U will be a Nike Spiral-Tech - Size 6: Pee Wee (ages 6-9)
12U will be a Nike Spiral-Tech - Size 7: Junior (ages 9-12)
13. Protective Equipment: Every player must legally equipped and approved by the officials. Mouth pieces must be attached to the helmet at all times and in the player’s mouth while on the playing field. There will be a 5 yard penalty for violation of this rule.
14. All 10U and 12U players will be weighed 1 hour prior to their first game, and first game only.
15. There will be a mandatory coaches meeting on Saturday October 27, 2018 @ 7:15 am in front of the concession area
16. Home team will be responsible for supplying 3 adults to run the chain’s and down marker on the home sideline.
17. No cooler’s will be allowed inside the admission gates. Nothing but water will be allowed on the fields.
18. Admissions: Adults $10 a day. Children (6-12) $5 per day. 5 and under are free. Each team will get 6 coaches bands for free admission. The Head Coach is responsible for picking up and distributing these bands. NO ONE will be permitted into the Stadium to "find the coach and get the band." Send him a text message and ask him to bring it to you.
**ONLY coaches with coaching bands will be allowed on the sideline**
19. Home team will be responsible for supplying 3 adults to run the chain’s and down marker on the home sideline.
20. Weather refund policy: No refunds shall be given for weather related issues for spectator admission costs.
1. Head to Head
2. Least Points Allowed
3. Coin Flip